Superintendent John Antonucci and Middle School Chorus/ Music Director Christine Walker announced that six North Attleborough students from the middle and high school have been accepted into the 2023-24 Massachusetts Music Educators’ Association (MMEA) Junior Southeastern District Music Festival.
The selected students competed against students across the southeast corner of Massachusetts to earn their spots. They will participate in the annual Massachusetts MMEA Southeastern District Junior Festival in March of next year.
“This is such an incredible way for us to promote excellence within our programs and a great learning experience for all who audition,” said Walker. “We’re very excited about their huge accomplishments and so proud of all of our students for having the courage and determination it takes to audition for a festival such as this.”
Six students were selected from North Attleborough band, chorus and jazz band. They include:
- Samuel Degon – percussion, orchestra (grade eight)
- Sai Dinesh Lakshman – choir (grade seven)
- Asher Webster – choir (grade seven)
- Chloe LeVatt – choir (grade seven)
- Aashriya Das – choir (grade nine)
- Angela Tavares – choir (grade nine)