From March 14-21, the North Attleborough Fire Department responded to 129 calls for emergency assistance.
88 were EMS responses with 70 requiring advanced life support measures
6 motor vehicle collisions with reported injuries
2 brush/outside fires
The remaining responses were the result of otherwise unspecified reasons.
On March 21, NAFD companies were requested to assist with an incident in the city of Attleboro.
It is recommended to have home chimneys inspected and cleaned at least once a year to ensure the safe operation of the fireplace. Creosote build up can cause a fire inside the flue which can then spread to the main structure of a building. Cracks inside brickwork can allow dangerous materials, such as sparks, and gases like carbon monoxide to seep into the building, which can easily result in a dangerous and deadly situation. Enjoy the fireplace, keep warm, and please be safe.