North Attleborough Fire Log, Jan. 10-17

North Attleboro - Plainville Rotary Club is seeking out this year's Rotary Club distinguished Service Awards Recipients

From Jan. 10-17, the North Attleborough Fire Department responded to 117 calls for emergency assistance.

  • 75 were EMS responses
  • 4 motor vehicle collisions
  • 2 carbon monoxide investigations

The remaining responses were due to a variety of otherwise unspecified reasons.

It is recommended to have home chimneys inspected and cleaned at least once a year to ensure the safe operation of the fireplace. Creosote build up can cause a fire inside the flue which can then spread to the main structure of a building. Cracks inside brickwork can allow dangerous materials, such as sparks, and gases like carbon monoxide to seep into the building, which can easily result in a dangerous and deadly situation. Enjoy the fireplace, keep warm, and please be safe.