From Dec. 26-Jan. 2, the North Attleborough Fire Department responded to 101 calls for emergency service.
- 74 were calls requiring emergency medical services
- 15 fire alarm investigations
- 8 motor vehicle accidents with injuries
- 4 other/public assistance calls
It is recommended to have home chimneys inspected and cleaned at least once a year to ensure the safe operation of the fireplace. Creosote build up can cause a fire inside the flue which can then spread to the main structure of a building. Cracks inside brickwork can allow dangerous materials, such as sparks, and gases like carbon monoxide to seep into the building, which can easily result in a dangerous and deadly situation. Enjoy the fireplace, keep warm, and please be safe.