From Dec. 19-26, the North Attleborough Fire Department responded to 101 calls for emergency service.
62 were EMS responses
10 motor vehicle collisions with reported injuries
4 smoke detector/ carbon monoxide alarm investigations
The remaining responses were due to a variety of otherwise, unspecified reasons.
On Dec. 20, crews assisted with a fire reported in the town of Plainville. Also on that date, several companies were required to extinguish a dump truck fire on Rt 295.
On Dec. 24, a structure fire on High Street required all on-duty crews, several off-duty callback personnel, and companies from surrounding communities to mitigate. Cumberland, Plainville, Foxboro, Mansfield, and Attleboro assisted at the scene or with station coverage throughout the incident.
It is recommended to have home chimneys inspected and cleaned at least once a year to ensure the safe operation of the fireplace. Creosote build up can cause a fire inside the flue which can then spread to the main structure of a building. Cracks inside brickwork can allow dangerous materials, such as sparks, and gases like carbon monoxide to seep into the building, which can easily result in a dangerous and deadly situation. Enjoy the fireplace, keep warm, and please be safe.