Harassment case against North Attleborough teacher dismissed

0
115

By Max Bowen-max.bowen@northstarreporter.com

A harassment case against a former educator at the Joseph W. Martin, Jr. Elementary School has been dismissed.

According to court records, the case against Frank Bonfilio was dismissed on Dec. 9 after the prosecution reported it was not ready to proceed. Bonfilio was arrested on Nov. 18, 2019 on a warrant for criminal harassment, after which he was placed on administrative leave. He is no longer listed as among the staff at Martin School.

On three separate times starting in September 2019, Bonfilio allegedly verbally harassed the victim, also employed by the school. The two had begun as friends, but over time, he became argumentative with the victim, particularly when she would speak with other men. At one point, the victim began helping a co-worker with a personal matter, which Bonfilio allegedly responded to aggressively, asking her what the two of them were doing.

Among the incidents listed in the records, Bonfilio allegedly entered the victim’s home in July using the alarm code for the garage, which had been given to him. The victim was asleep at the time, and her son told her that Bonfilio had been inside.

According to court records, Bonfilio would tell the victim that he was having dreams of her being hurt and that he would come to her rescue. At on point, he told her that he had woken up early in the morning and grabbed one of his guns, ready to go to her home to save her.

She stated she is in fear while at work and at home,” court records stated, adding that the victim became very afraid after learning that Bonfilio has access to firearms.

Bonfilio has a License to Carry, issued by the North Attleborough Police Officer. It has since been suspended, and five firearms—three rifles, a shotgun, and a handgun, along with ammunition—were removed from his home. When questioned on two additional firearms listed under his name, Bonfilio told police that they had been sold to Dick’s Sporting Goods some time ago.

The victim later spoke to the Martin School Principal and then-School Superintendent Scott Holcomb, and a Stay Away order was issued to Bonfilio. Some time later, he allegedly verbally assaulted one of the victim’s children.

fundraiser for the WWII Pool and Lenore's  Pantry