From the week of Dec. 5-12, the North Attleborough Fire Department responded to 103 calls for emergency assistance.
- 66 were emergency medical assistance responses with 49 requiring advanced life support measures
- 9 motor vehicle collisions with reported injuries
- 2 downed power line investigations
- 4 alarm sounding investigations
The remaining responses were due to a variety of otherwise, unspecified reasons.
It is recommended to have home chimneys inspected and cleaned at least once a year to ensure the safe operation of the fireplace. Creosote build up can cause a fire inside the flue which can then spread to the main structure of a building. Cracks inside brickwork can allow dangerous materials, such as sparks, and gases like carbon monoxide to seep into the building, which can easily result in a dangerous and deadly situation. Enjoy the fireplace, keep warm, and please be safe.