The Department of Public Works is reaching out to remind residents to be prepared for the upcoming storm.
Sand Bags will be available at the DPW yard on Smith Street on Saturday, Aug. 21 after noon. Please limit the number of sand bags to 10. During the storm, residents are reminded to stay away from downed trees and wires and not to try to drive through deep puddles.
If there is a power outage, please call 508-643-6300 to reach NAED hotline.
If there are down trees or flooded roads, please call the DPW hotline at 1-800-936-6984.
During and after a hurricane, supplies may be needed to keep the family safe and healthy. Remember that a hurricane can cause loss of power and water supply and even access from property to main roads. Residents should have the following prepared prior to the storm
- Emergency food and water supply
- Emergency medicine supply
- Power and light sources (make sure all phones and charging devices are fully charged before the storm and have extra batteries).
- Safety and personal items.
- Fire extinguisher
- Fuel gas tanks and generators
- Put away outdoor furniture and anything that can become a projectile.
For more informaton, please visit the town’s webpage about Hurricane Henri.