The Richards Memorial Library is located at 118 North Washington St. For more information, visit www.rmlonline.org or call 508-699-0122.
Monday thru Thursday—9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday and Saturday—9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ANYONE ENTERING THE LIBRARY
Are you LibraryAware?
Want to keep up-to-date on the latest books in the genres that interest you? If so, the library offers something called LibraryAware. Simply sign up for one or more newsletters, and they will be emailed each month. Each one contains recent titles with a plot description, who the book would appeal to and other similar authors and titles.
There will also be a list of older titles on a common theme. Some of the fiction newsletters offered include Mystery, Horror, Historical, Romance, Fantasy and Science Fiction, and Christian Fiction. There are also nonfiction newsletters such as Biography, Business, Health, Home and Garden, Science, Religion and Popular Culture. To sign up, go to RMLonline.org and click on Book Newsletters.
The Friends of RML were recently given the incredible gift of the book collection from the estate of Robert and Irene Adley of North Attleboro. Thanks to Charlotte McKay of Norwood, Robert’s sister, for thinking of the library.
At this time, the Friends are accepting donations by appointment only. If you have books, DVDs or CDs in good condition, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a delivery time. Donations at the library are not being accepted. They can be brought to Plainville Public Library during a time when it is open. Please do not leave them outside the library.
Rebecca Davitch, the heroine (and heroine is exactly the right word) realizes that she has become the “wrong person.” No longer the “serene and dignified young woman” she was at 20, at 53 Rebecca finds she has become family caretaker and cheerleader, a woman with a “style of dress edging dangerously close to Bag Lady.” So she tries to do something about it. Contact Marjorie for the Go To Meeting Link.
Computers available for the public
The library will have two public internet computers available. Earphones are not supplied at the library. None of the computers have video cameras or microphones. Printing is available and staff can also help print from a phone.
Mobile App for SAILS System
We’ve had very positive feedback and if you haven’t tried it yet, please take the few minutes to download it now. You’ll be able to:
- Search the SAILS’ catalog: Search for items by title, author, subject, or general keyword and place holds on interesting items.
- Manage your account: Keep track of your account – view your checked-out items, holds, fines, and account information. Bill pay should be coming in September.
- Link accounts to manage your family’s checkouts and holds, all in the same place.
- Have your user id/barcode automatically available to scan at checkout..
- Search by barcode: Use your device’s camera to scan the barcode on a book, CD, DVD, or other item at a friend’s house or bookstore and search for available copies in the SAILS’ Network.