KNAB is inviting artists of all ages to submit an original work of art to be permanently displayed throughout town. This project will celebrate the beauty of the community by turning gray utility boxes into colorful pieces of art.
This contest, which was launched in March, had to be suspended when the pandemic hit, but has now returned. The due date for the submission of artwork will be Friday, Aug. 7. Submissions should be sent to email@example.com. The winners will be announced on Aug. 12.
Details for submission of artwork:
- People of all ages and experience levels are encouraged to submit a complete full-color original piece of art.
- Keep North Attleborough Beautiful—or the initials KNAB—must be incorporated into the work.
- Entries must be on plain white 8 ½” X 11” paper. Entries must strictly adhere to these dimensions.
- Media may include markers, watercolors, and acrylics.
- Entries should reflect the natural beauty of the town town. Examples include trees, flowers, lakes, and wildlife.
- Include name of individual or group, mailing address, email address and phone number, age (if under 18) on the back of the submission.
- The utility boxes will be professionally wrapped in waterproof vinyl with the winning works of art; illustrations will be enlarged to accommodate the size of the utility box.
- Artwork must be placed in a manila envelope with a piece of cardboard (such as from a cereal box) on both sides for protection. Do not fold or wrinkle.
- If the artist is under the age of 18, please download a parental consent form, print, sign, and include it along with the submission.
- Drop off (do not mail) the artwork in its protective envelope at the office of R.A. Reinbold Insurance Agency, 860 Landry Avenue, North Attleboro. Please call the office to make arrangements (508) 695 – 0314.