By Max Bowenemail@example.com
North Attlebrough’s Emerald Square Mall has joined the retail businesses that have re-opened their doors.
The mall was closed in mid-March in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, though some stores were open for takeout.
A post to the mall’s web site outlines the various steps taken to practice social distancing. Inside the mall, floor decals have been placed every 30 feet to direct consumer traffic in common areas. Similar markings are used on the exterior, particularly for shopper queues in the event the mall is at capacity.
Other measures being taken for employee and shopper safety include:
- Customers will be encouraged to wear facial coverings as recommended by the CDC
- Free masks and sanitizing wipe packets will be available to shoppers at designated entrances or at the mall office
- The following areas will be disinfected regularly during the day and upon indication of additional need—Breakrooms, restrooms, counters, workstations, and employee-only areas.
- Shoppers and employees will be required to wear face masks
- Upon reporting to work, employees’ body temperatures will be measured with a thermometer and assessed. Employees with body temperatures greater than 100.4°F or who have flu-like symptoms will be directed to return to their homes.
- Properties will be thoroughly cleaned during non-operating hours meeting or exceeding CDC guidelines and recommendations
- Business hours will be limited to allow for enhanced workspace cleaning and sanitizing