By Max Bowenfirstname.lastname@example.org
In a case going back several years, a North Attleborough man has been convicted on charges of sexual assault of a child.
Obdulio Acevedo, 57, was recently convicted of three counts of rape of a child and one count of indecent assault and battery of a child under the age of 14. Sentencing is set for Feb. 7.
In 2017, the victim went with their mother to the police to report that Acevedo had been sexually assaulting them several times between the ages of 6 and 16, stopping when they told him that what they were doing was wrong.
According to police reports, the assaults began when Acevedo was living in Pawtucket when the victim was 6 years old. It continued over the years, becoming more frequent. All told, there had been at least 50 separate assaults. The victim’s mother and Acevedo had been married for 21 years. The victim had told a friend of the assaults, and later told their mother.
Acevedo was arrested in 2017 on three counts of rape of a child and one of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 years old.